- Services Overview
- Biorepository/Biobanking Overview
- Cell Therapy Services
- Laboratory Overview
- Storage/Transport of Bio-API
- Kit Production/Clinical Trial Support
- Qualification / Validation Services
- News/Press Releases
Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity
If disaster happens, will your research survive?
Every Fisher BioServices facility has undergone a risk assessment and has a disaster recovery/business continuity plan in place.
If a disaster should occur, our emergency response team will immediately act to address client concerns and create a plan to serve the client as circumstances allow. All of our facilities work together as contract parameters permit, and will provide back-up storage, dry ice, liquid nitrogen, shipping supplies, and other materials as needed. We have the resources to bring in trailer-mounted generators, replacement freezers, and other equipment as necessary. Our parent company, Thermo Fisher Scientific will also mobilize a response team if needed.
Our Information Technology (IT) systems are robust and FBS has multiple mechanisms in place to protect data and ensure business continuity. This includes UPS systems, backed up by generators, to prevent power interruptions that can cause corruption of data.
In addition, Fisher BioServices provides:
- RAID-5 Technology
- Off-site data replication
- Tape back-up according to a multi-layered protocol, with compliance monitored by QA Department staff
- Back-up of temperature monitoring data nightly and permanent off-site storage of data
- Integrated services digital network (ISDN) connections for redundant access to the Internet and corporate networks
To learn more about off-site storage and using the appropriate risk mitigation infrastucture for commercial biobanks, clinical research institutes, and biotech and pharmaceutical companies, check out our eBook on "Defense in Depth: Off-Site Storage of Biological Specimens and Biopharmaceuticals for Risk Mitigation".